LACO is seeking a Senior Buyer — Level V to play a key role in a progressive, project-based manufacturing firm serving domestic and international markets.
Requirements: Experience in supplier management through robust analysis, negotiation skills, and risk reduction through contracts / agreements, in repetitive and project-based environments.
Perform supplier reviews, supplier development, negotiations, cost and lead time reduction. Establish and maintain metrics for procurement. Place PO’s for specified commodities. Perform make/buy analysis. Reduce freight costs.
Experience in the procurement of metal components based on drawings, standard off-the shelf mechanical and electrical products. Ability to understand engineering specifications. Sourcing activities include finding, developing, improving, and managing suppliers. Ensure suppliers understand and adhere to the expected level of quality and on-time delivery.
Initially, the Buyer V will champion inventory management within the production area to understand product flow and implement process improvements. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager with considerable communication and coordination with the Manufacturing Leads, Production Manager, Master Production Scheduler, and Project Manager.
If you are naturally a perfectionist and enjoy negotiating, formalizing procurement processes, and ensuring internal customer needs are exceeded, you will love this career. Come enjoy a positive work environment, good benefits, and a bright future.
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or Business Administration with a minimum of 5 years experience. Professional certifications such as CPM, CPSM, CPIM, CSCP, or other related certifications preferred
- Skills & Experience: LACO is a dynamic, progressive company that values self-initiative, drive, innovation, and the ability to multi-task. Preferred candidates must be able to demonstrate these qualities
- Software: ERP System, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Shift: Days
- Pay: Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401K with Match, Holidays, Paid Time Off, Education
Submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the Apply Now button below.