A company specializing in satellite platforms for space communication, tracking, surveillance and remote sensing required a high volume, high capacity bake-out oven for batch drying satellite components. System requirements included two internal shelf heaters, external wall heating, each with its own integrated thermal control, customizable recipes, temperatures up to 150 °C, multiple custom ports and feedthroughs.
Using our expertise in both standard vacuum ovens and thermal vacuum systems for space simulation, we engineered a custom bake-out system with all the custom components required to meet the application requirements.
- Fully integrated, portable bake-out system with internal shelf and external wall heating
- High volume, front loading 30" W x 30" L x 30" H vacuum cube chamber with two custom 6" viewports, internal shelf, #4 grain polished interior, internal lighting, glass bead blast exterior, and custom ports and feedthroughs
- HVC-3500 thermal vacuum controller provides automated vacuum and temperature control, customizable testing software, and adjustable test recipes for unique testing requirements
- Cast aluminum hot plate shelf with heaters capable of temperatures up to 150 °C. Ideal for direct and uniform control of temperatures through conductance heating of the shelf and customer parts
- External wall heating from ATM to 10-7