A provider of consumer electronics components required a custom vacuum coating system for waterproof sealing of consumer electronics.
LACO engineered a custom OEM solution for their process requirements including high-volume, batch part waterproofing. With multiple steps for part processing, we worked with our client to develop a custom solution for their coating process.
- High volume SS cube chamber for coating and deposition with slide rail door system front and back end with pneumatic cylinders for lid capturing and sealing, heated door, and turntable. Turntable to interface with a V-rail system inside chamber
- Roller rack carts with 30 expanded 304 stainless steel trays, including include supports to reduce flexing upon load
- Insulated vaporization SS cube chamber with external heated walls and internal heated aluminum platen with cooling channels for water or air cooling and chiller for fast cooling of platen
- High volume, double-door degas chamber with aluminum frame stand, leveling feet for interfacing with system frame, slide doors with pneumatic closures, and V-rail system
- Flat-rail system for roller cart movement
- Insulated pyrolization chamber with 4-zone heating to 600 °C and quartz liner
- Chambers and vacuum system designed and vacuum rated to 10-3 Torr.