Body Armor: Ballistic material for bulletproof vests sealed in protective packaging. Traditional test method of packaging using bubble-immersion leak testing was messy, slow and lacked the sensitivity needed to be truly effective. Water ingress into a defective package would ultimately render the contents (ballistic material) unusable and need to be scrapped/discarded.
- Detect leaks to prevent water ingress into product packaging
- Current method was a time consuming destructive process and required drying of the product after testing
- Ability to detect gross leaks as well as small pinhole leaks
- Test multiple product sizes and configurations
- Limited equipment budget
Our custom solution incorporates the Force Decay leak test method with dual vacuum chambers. Force Decay methodology allows for non-destructive leak testing with the ability to identify both gross leaks as well as fine leaks.
- Custom engineered system using standard leak testing platform
- Dual chamber test system with an integrated force gauge in each chamber
- Vacuum pump used to inflate the product
- Various inserts to accommodate various product sizes
- Serial interface to customer data logging system