Thermal vacuum system for testing satellite components in a low earth orbit environment.
Designer for satellite components required a thermal vacuum system for testing their parts in a low earth orbit environment. Customer specifications included a temperature range from 200°C to -130°C in the 10-5 Torr vacuum range, accommodation for various sized parts, and a system compatible with customer's own software for recipe generation and data acquisition.
We engineered a custom thermal vacuum system utilizing LN2 and electrical heat elements to achieve the target temperature range. The system features a customized Series HH 36" X 40" Vacuum Chamber with several custom ports and feedthroughs for monitoring and recording part testing. A 24" x 36" platen accommodates mutiple-sized parts and can be pulled out for easy part loading.
- Custom thermal vacuum system using LN2 and electrical heat elements
- Liquid nitrogen regulation system with controller
- Platen 24" wide by 36" long and can be pulled out for loading
- Turbo Pumping Package: 400 L/sec - achieved 10-7 Torr pressure
- 36" X 40" Vacuum Chamber with quick release clamp and full opening swing style hinged door