Custom, high-volume vacuum drying system for drying medical devices.
Medical device manufacturer required vacuum drying system for their unique process requirements. The sensitive device had very tight requirements for temperature exposure and liquid saturation times.
We engineered a vacuum drying system that was able to reduce the drying time by over a factor 5 times while maintaining product dryness uniformity. The flexibility of the system allowed the customer to also perform significant process development to optimize the drying process.
- Multiple platens/shelves controlled over a temperature range of -30 to +75 C, with +- 0.5 C temperature uniformity
- Cryogenic cooled condenser to trap water vapor
- Dynamic pressure control system to precisely control the drying rate
- Heated inert gas purge system with internal gas distribution manifold
- Flexible software to allow the customer to build his own customized automated drying sequences