LACO Tabletop Base-Mounted Vacuum Package Testing System is ideal for ASTM product testing where full visibility is required.
- 12" dia. x 18" tall clear acrylic chamber with 120V vacuum pump
- Employs ASTM D3078-02 testing—the "Standard Test Method for Determination of Leaks in Flexible Packaging by Bubble Emission" to ensure package integrity
- Acrylic chamber equipped with internal hold down disc for ensuring buoyant packages stay submerged underwater during testing
- All clear chamber allows for easy visibility and detection of air bubbles for package leaks
- Vacuum pump includes an adjustable valve for controlling the vacuum level to match the required specification
- Includes drain port and manual valve for easy system draining
- Pump and chamber are hard mounted to system base
Reliable product packaging is critical to prevent spills, contamination, and ensure product integrity during transportation. Issues such as packaging material compatibility, sealing machine setup, and contamination are factors that can affect the packaging seal reliability. Package testing in a vacuum environment can be a useful way of determining the integrity of product packaging.