Custom space simulation chamber for testing aerospace instrumentation.
Arizona State University's School of Earth and Space Exploration required a space simlulation system to effectively test an instrument that was custom-built for the OTES, (OSIRIS-REx Thermal Emission Spectrometer). The instrument is one of the five sensors that will be used on the spacecraft.
We engineered a large, fully integrated space simulation system with that is capable of replicating the extreme conditions of space.
LACO Technologies is proud to play a part in one of NASA’s latest mission, OSIRIS-REx. OSIRIS-REx launched in September 2016, and is set to rendezvous with the asteroid Bennu in 2018, extract a sample of the asteroid, and send it back to earth.
- Horizontal/Front Loading Chamber
- Full Access Slide Out Door and Platen
- Quick Door Clamp Closure
- Custom Ports Including Viewports, Large Cryo Ports and Multiple Feedthrough Ports
- Fully Integrated System With Mobile Cart System
- Vibration Isolated Platen with Drilled and Tapped Holes for Instrument Mounting
- Internal Shrouds