Arizona State University's School of Earth and Space Exploration required a space simulation system to effectively test an instrument that was custom-built for the OTES, (OSIRIS-REx Thermal Emission Spectrometer). The instrument is one of the five sensors that will be used on the spacecraft.
We engineered a large, fully integrated space simulation system with that is capable of replicating the extreme conditions of space. LACO Technologies is proud to play a part in one of NASA’s latest mission, OSIRIS-REx. OSIRIS-REx launched in September 2016, and is set to rendezvous with the asteroid Bennu in 2018, extract a sample of the asteroid, and send it back to earth.
- Fully integrated system with mobile cart
- Horizontal, front-loading chamber with full access slide-out door and platen
- Custom ports including viewports, large cryo ports and multiple feedthroughs
- Vibration isolated platen with drilled and tapped holes for instrument mounting
- Internal shrouds
- HVC-3500 Thermal Vacuum Controller provides automated vacuum and temperature control, customizable software, and adjustable test recipes